EXTRA MOIST BANANA BREAD WITH CREAM CHEESE FILLING - A Tasty Combination
MOIST CREAM CHEESE FILLED BANANA BREAD - A beautiful surprise when sliced
Cream Cheese Filled EXTRA Moist Banana Bread
The outcome of this special banana bread recipe is super moist and anyone who tries it will recognize how special it really is. It consistently receives praises from lucky recipients. Not only that, it has a beautiful appearance when presented pre-sliced on a simple plate in its full glory. It would be especially notable for lovely wedding and baby showers and group brunches in general.
Makes: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 to 60 minutes
Suggested Prep Tools:
· Large mixing bowl
· Medium mixing bowl
· Bread loaf pan (8.5" x 4.5")
· Measuring cups
· Measuring spoons
· 2 Mixing spoons
Bread Batter -
· ½ cup butter (1 stick) –
softened for easy mixing (Avoid
· 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
well with a fork
. 2 large eggs
. 2 teaspoons vanilla
.1/2 cup light brown sugar
.1/4 cup sugar
.1/4 cup sour cream
.1 teaspoon baking soda
.1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
.1/8 teaspoon table salt
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Mixture -
· 6 ounces cream cheese (brick cream cheese softened for easy mixing)
· 1 large egg
· 1/3 cup sugar
· 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
Banana Bread Mixture -
1. Soften butter in large bowl in microwave for 20-30 seconds; so that it can be easily mixed and combined with other ingredients.
Tip: When softening butter, I find that the butter will soften more evenly if I first slice the butter into several pieces before the softening process begins.
2. Add and mix in vanilla, egg, banana, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix together.
3. Add to the above, sugars, sour cream and mix well.
4. Add flour, mix well and set aside.
Cream Cheese Mixture –
1. Place cream cheese brick into a medium bowl and cut into 4-5 slices for an even softening and soften in microwave for about 20-30 seconds.
2. Add to that the rest of the cream cheese mixture ingredients and mix well.
Note: You will see some small cream cheese lumps in the mixture and that is fine because the cream cheese will melt once baked in the oven.
3. Spray bread loaf pan with baking spray.
4. Pour half of the banana bread mixture into the loaf pan.
5. Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the bread loaf and spread evenly on top of the bottom half of the banana bread mixture.
6. Spoon the rest of the banana bread mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture and spread evenly.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a baking skewer comes out clean after piercing it into the middle of the loaf.
Savor the taste...