Zesty Homemade Cranberry Sauce - Not Only for the Holidays
Homemade Cranberry Sauce - Featuring Wholesome Fresh Fruits
Cranberry Zesty Sauce – Enjoy the freshness of whole fruits
The genesis of this recipe comes from my friend’s mother who acquired it from her friend in 1946, which I find pretty remarkable. Who knows how far this recipe goes back. I recommend not waiting to serve this cranberry sauce just for the holidays because you can enjoy this sauce year round with chicken, pork and beef in addition to the traditional holiday meals. This citrus infused sauce bursts with flavor with just enough sweetness to balance it out. It’s even fun and so simple to make because there’s no need for peeling the fruits and the food processor does all the work in just a couple of minutes.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: None
· Electric food processor
· Chopping board
· Sharp knife
· Measuring cup
· 1 12-ounce bag fresh whole cranberries
· 1 ½ cup granulated white sugar
· 1 Apple, washed and cut into large chunks with peel
· 1 Orange, washed and cut into large chunks with peel - stem end cut off
· 1 Lemon, washed and cut into large chunks with peel - stem end cut off
1. Place all ingredients into the food processor bowl. Engage processor mixing for one minute and stop to scrape down food from sides of the processor bowl. Engage processor again for another one or two minutes until you get the consistency you desire.
This completes the process. Refrigerate for at least thirty minutes prior to serving and enjoy!
The Crooked Ladle
Savor the taste