The Crooked Ladle
BAKED WALNUT HERB SALMON - Gain Multiple Benefits from these Baked Salmon Filets...
WALNUT & HERB CRUSTED SALMON BAKE - Get double duty advantages - super fast to prepare and super healthy foods.
Walnut & Herb Crusted Salmon Bake
Besides the wonderful flavor and health benefits of this recipe, yet another benefit is that it cooks up really fast. You can have a complete meal on the table within thirty minutes.
I cook with salmon more than any other fish not only because of its flavor but because it is so versatile which makes it fun with which to experiment and cook. Fresh salmon always tastes a bit better if you can swing the extra cost, but I mostly buy the large single filet from Costco and cut it up into individual filets and place two filets each into separate freezer bags for future use.
Note: While I listed olive oil in the ingredient list, I encourage folks to also try flavored olive oils that might blend well with salmon, feel free to do so in this recipe. Because I already had it on hand, I used roasted garlic olive oil in this particular version.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
· Baking dish
· Large plate
· Small plate
· Small bowl
· Measuring cup
· Measuring spoon
· Pastry brush
· Stir spoon
· 2 boneless skinless individual salmon
filets (your desired size)
· 1/3 cup finely crushed walnuts
· 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (I used Italian style this time but plain can be used too). For gluten free, use gluten free panko bread crumbs which are usually readily available.
· 1 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
· 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
· 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
· Salt & pepper
1. Drizzle one tablespoon olive oil onto the baking
dish and rub onto the bottom of the pan which will
help keep the salmon from sticking onto the pan.
2. Drizzle a little lemon juice over each salmon.
3. Brush olive oil on tops of salmon.
4. Sprinkle tops of salmon with salt and pepper.
5. Combine crushed walnuts, panko crumbs and thyme in a small bowl and mix well and pour into a large dish.
6. Press each salmon filet into the crushed walnut mixture and place walnut side up in baking dish. Sprinkle more of the walnut mixture on top of the filets as desired.
7. Place baking dish in pre-heated 400 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Optional - Garnish with sliced lemons
The Crooked Ladle
Savor the taste...