The Crooked Ladle
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bite Appetizers
Salmon Cucumber Appetizer Snacks - Refreshingly Easy
Easy Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites
This appetizer hits all the marks. It's not only refreshing and tasty, but also healthier, paleo, gluten free and I could go on and on. Plus, they come together easily and there's no baking involved. For those who may not be aware of it, smoked salmon is cooked salmon; it is not raw.
Makes: 16 to 20 appetizer bites
Prep Time: 30 minutes
· Serving platter
· Cutting board
· Medium bowl
· Sharp knife
· Measuring spoons
· 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut to one-inch size
· 1 cucumber, washed and sliced to 1/8-inch thickness
· 1 fresh lemon, slice 1/8 slices and then cut into small triangle segments
· 1 tablespoon or so capers, small size drained
· Garnish - with any of the following: chives/green onion/dill/parsley, minced
Cream Cheese Spread (If not using a prepared mixture)
· 8 ounces brick cream cheese (softened)
Note: To soften brick cream cheese, I set it in a bowl and heat it in the microwave ten seconds at a time until I get the desired softness. In my opinion, cream cheese heats rather quickly in the microwave; that's why I heat it at only ten seconds at a time.
· 3 tablespoon sour cream
· ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
· ¼ teaspoon onion salt
Mix all of the above together to create the cream cheese spread.
Instructions for Constructing Cucumber Bites:
1. Spread desired amount of cream cheese mixture onto each sliced cucumber.
2. Place a salmon piece onto each cucumber slice
3. Place a lemon segment on top of the salmon
4. Top the lemon with a single caper (To get the caper to adhere to the lemon, I dip the caper slightly into the cream cheese mixture first and place the dip portion on the bottom of the caper so it sticks onto the salmon piece)
5. Finally, sprinkle bits of the garnish onto each cucumber bite and around the serving plate
The Crooked Ladle
Savor the taste