PEPPER JELLY CREAM CHEESE SPREAD - Easiest, Tastiest Appetizer Ever!
Cream Cheese Pepper Jelly Spread ... Few Ingredients Pack in the Flavor
Cream Cheese Pepper Jelly Spread Appetizer
This is a fun and easy appetizer to serve which is eye catching and delicious. My guests tell me it's really addictive. I've used several different kinds of the jelly and none of them have been too hot for anyone. As one takes their first bite, you get a little sweet flavor, then creamy texture followed by a hint of heat and ending with a crunch. So much going on with just a few ingredients. For a crowd, I would double this recipe. Here's a bonus tip ... for a super easy version, just place a slightly softened brick of cream cheese on a platter and pour gently warmed pepper jelly over the cream cheese. I can't really call that a recipe but wanted to offer that simple option up to you and it's a great substitute for my more creative recipe below.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-26 minutes [Depending on how you decide to cook the bacon].
· 1 ½ quart casserole serving dish
· Medium bowl
· Small bowl
· Cutting board
. Measuring cups
. Measuring spoons
· Stir spoon
· 1 6-ounce block cream cheese
· 1 cup shredded mixed Jack and Cheddar combination cheese
· ½ cup Jalapeno pepper jelly (either red or green)
· 2-3 green onions, sliced thinly (about ¼ cup)
· 6-7 bacon strips, cooked to a somewhat crisp stage
· ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
· ¼ teaspoon table salt
Note: Serve with sturdy crackers
1. In a medium bowl, soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Mix into the cream cheese the garlic salt and table salt.
3. Add the shredded cheese to the cream cheese and mix well.
4. Crumble the bacon (I tear it with my fingers) and mix into the cream cheese mixture.
5. Add the chopped onion to the cream cheese mixture and combine well.
6. With the back of a spoon smooth out the cream cheese mixture on top of the casserole dish.
7. Heat the pepper jelly in a small microwaveable bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds [This will help to break down the tight jell]. Spread the jelly on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Serve with your favorite sturdy crackers and enjoy!
The Crooked Ladle
Savor the taste