The Crooked Ladle
Indulgent Homemade Brownies - Chewy - Dense - Fudgy
Extra Fudgy Brownies - This Easy Bake Gets Rich Reviews
Indulgent Homemade Fudgy Brownies with Imbedded Peanut Butter Cups
If you like chewy somewhat dense and moist super rich brownies, these are for you. And they are just as delicious even without the peanut butter cups. Don’t be intimidated by the words “homemade” or “from scratch” because these brownies are really simple and fast to make, but there's nothing basic about their indulgent taste. If you want to tone down the richness, just eliminate the peanut butter cups. Except for the peanut butter cups, you might even have all the ingredients in your pantry. So enjoy this easy bake that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Serves: 9 to 12
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 - 40
· 9 x 9 inch baking pan
· Medium bowl
· Measuring cup
· Measuring spoons
· Stir spoon
· ½ cup butter, melted
· 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
· 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
· ¾ cup dark cocoa
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ½ teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· ¾ cup all-purpose flour
· 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
· 12 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
1. Pre-heat oven 350 degrees
2. In a medium bowl melt the butter and then add to that the sugar and eggs and mix well by hand.
3. To the butter and sugar mixture, add the vanilla, baking powder and salt and mix well.
4. To the above mixture, add the flour and cocoa and mix well to create a somewhat thick batter. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Spray baking spray into a 9 x 9-inch pan and pour the batter into the pan, spreading it evenly as needed.
6. Bake in a 350 pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes. Test for near doneness by sticking a toothpick in the center and having it come out clean. Then add the peanut butter cups pressing each one into the brownie lightly and in somewhat of a uniform pattern. Bake for 3-5 minutes more or as needed to complete baking.
Store covered tightly at room temperature for 3-5 days, but I can almost guarantee you these won’t last long.
The Crooked Ladle
Savor the taste