ARTICHOKE THREE BEAN SALAD - Brought into the 21st Century...
ARTICHOKE THREE BEAN SALAD - An oldie classic is reimagined for the 21st century.
Artichoke Three Bean Salad
Join me in updating and bringing the classic three bean salad into the 21st century.
I did this by keeping some of the classic beans, exchanging some and adding in marinated artichokes, red pepper and cilantro. When it all comes together, you get an especially refreshing new combination of vibrant colors and flavors.
Serves: 6 to 8
Prep Time: 25 minutes
· Serving bowl
· Small bowl
· Chopping board
· Large mixing spoon
· Chopping knife
· Can opener
· 1 - 15.5 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
· 1 - 15.5 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
· 1 cup frozen edamame (thawed)
· 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped well
· ½ red bell pepper, julienned thinly and chopped in lengths of 1 inch or less
· ¾ cup red onion julienned and chopped in lengths of 1 inch or less
· ½ cup finely chopped cilantro, stems removed
· 2 large peeled garlic cloves, minced
· ½ cup juice from the artichoke hearts marinade
· 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add first nine ingredients into a serving bowl and stir to combine and distribute somewhat evenly.
2. For the salad dressing, in a small bowl combine ½ cup of the marinade from the marinated artichoke hearts and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Add this mixture distributed evenly into three bean
mixture and stir well.
3. Salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: For each serving, stir mixture to capture dressing juices from the bottom of the bowl.
The Crooked Ladle
Savor the taste...