CHEESY ARTICHOKE CROSTINI - It's Easy to Imagine Yourself at an Italian Canal Café
CHEESY ARTICHOKE CROSTINI - Born out of Medieval times, crostini means, "little crusts."
Cheesy Artichoke Crostini
Warning: The first bite may lead to uncontrollable urges to continue munching on these morsels until they are totally devoured. I could go on and on about how everyone loves these bites, but you'll see for yourself if you choose to make these. Oh, and how easy - just 15 to 20 minutes and my favorite thing...you can prep them hours ahead of serving time.
Serves: 15 to 20
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 13 to 18 minutes
· Baking sheet
· Medium bowl
· Measuring cup
· Chopping board
· Chopping knife
· Rubber spatula
· Mixing spoon
· Pastry brush
· Baguette slices (15 -20)
· ¾ cups grated cheddar cheese (your choice mild or sharp)
· ½ cup real mayonnaise
· 1 - 6.5 ounce marinated artichoke hearts
· 4 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil (your choice)
· 1/8 teaspoon onion salt
· 1/8 teaspoon lemon pepper
1. Brush melted butter or olive oil onto each
2. Place the baguette slices on a flat baking sheet
and toast in the oven on 350 degrees until just slightly
light brown on edges. This takes about 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Drain the artichokes very well and chop them finely.
Then place the artichokes into medium bowl.
4. Add to the bowl the grated cheese, mayonnaise, onion salt and lemon pepper and mix well ensuring that the ingredient mixture is well combined.
5. Spread artichoke mixture onto each oven toasted
6. Place cheesy artichoke bread slices in the oven 4 to 6 inches under the broiler and broil for several minutes until
the mixture starts to bubble slightly. I recommend you stand by the broiler until the slices are cooked as bread is prone to burn quickly under a broiler.
The Crooked Ladle
Savor the taste...