CREAMY ITALIAN COLD PASTA SALAD, Dressed to Impress
CREAMY ITALIAN COLD PASTA SALAD - It's all about the dressing coating every bite
CREAMY ITALIAN COLD PASTA SALAD
This classic Italian cold spiral pasta salad always pleases the masses and they walk away totally satisfied. This salad has a multitude of summer fresh ingredients including cherry tomatoes, aromatic basil, green onions, red pepper and pared with pasta mixed with the perfect dressing is primo classico. Feel free to make it a main dish by adding dried julienned salami - a perfect lunch!
Serves: 6 to 8
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
. Large bowl
. Large pot
. Stir spoon
. Large colander
. Sharp knife
. Garlic chopper, if one
. Otherwise can use a knife
. Measuring cups
. Measuring spoons
2 ½ cup mayonnaise
1 ½ cup multi colored spiral pasta – cooked per box/bag instructions, rinsed
1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
½ cup red or green pepper chopped small
½ cup or 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
½ cup green onion, finely diced
1 tablespoon garlic, finely diced
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped fine or
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
Optional: 1 cup dried salami, thinly sliced (this recipe does not include the salami)
1. Once pasta is cooked, place it into a colander and drain out all of the hot water.
2. Rinse the pasta with cold water while it is still in the colander so that it stops cooking.
3. Place 2 cups mayonnaise (save ½ cup shown above for later), vinegar, garlic, basil, salt and pepper in large bowl and mix well.
4. Add pasta, tomatoes, peppers and olives.
5. Cover the bowl with plastic and refrigerate until all of the ingredients are cold.
6. Shortly before serving, add the other half cup of mayonnaise and mix well.
Optional: If you want to add some protein to this salad, dried salami would be a perfect fit.
The Crooked Ladle
Savor the taste...