Cosmo Cocktail Drink...Will always raise your spirits higher
Classic Cosmopolitan Cocktail
I've been making this legendary adult beverage for a couple of decades now and I always have all the ingredients on hand at any given time. Why? Because it's lovely tasting, so pretty to look at and my lady friends always look forward to me serving this special indulgence. Who can resist this pleasing taste combined with a visually stunning pink liquid seen through the window of a classic martini glass. Cheers!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
. Shaker or martini pitcher & stirrer
. Jigger (optional)
. Small knife
. Small cutting board
. Measuring cups
. Martini glasses
. 1 cup pure cranberry juice
. ½ cup quality vodka (your favorite – I used Kettle One in this case)
. ¼ cup Cointreau orange liqueur
. 1/8 cup Roses lime juice
. Thin lime slices
. Ice cubes
1. Add ice to the shaker about half way full.
2. Add all of the liquid ingredients into the shaker. I usually add the liquids in the following order (I'll tell you why momentarily): cranberry juice, vodka, orange liqueur, lime juice. Now, the reason I pour in this order is that I remember the recipe better because beginning with the one cup of cranberry juice, each ingredient following that is just cut in half. That means, the next ingredient, vodka, would be one half cup. Then the Cointreau is 1/4 cup and the Roses lime juice 1/8 cup.
3. Place the lid on the shaker and shake until the shaker becomes very cold, preferably with condensation appearing on the outside of the shaker.
4. Strain only the liquids of this elixir into the glasses.
5. Garnish with one lime slice on the end of the glass or float on top of the drink.
Note: To make this cocktail even more special, chill your glasses ahead of time in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
Wish I could be joining you for this stunning adult beverage.
The Crooked Ladle
Savor the taste