The Crooked Ladle
PRIMO CLAM DIP - You'll Want to Serve this Sturdy Dip at Your Next Gathering
PRIMO CLAM DIP...Delivers in a pinch
THE BEST PRIMO CLAM DIP
What - No cooking? That's right. This recipe is so easy and still pleases the masses. Wham- bam and it's made before you know it. Plus, homemade clam dip is so much better than buying the premade stuff at the store. I can't tell you how many times I've made this over the years and the serving bowl gets cleaned out every time, which is always a good sign. Another bonus with this clam dip recipe is that there are so few dishes to clean up after making it - the list of benefits just go on and on. When my husband makes this clam dip recipe, he eats it right away, but I prefer to let it set in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
· Small bowl
· Stir spoon
· Measuring cup
· Measuring spoons
· 6.5 ounce chopped clams, drained – reserve some clam juice [Clam juice may be used to add to the dip if you want to thin it out to your desired thickness]
· 1 cup sour cream
· 4 ounce cream cheese from block cheese (softened for easy mixing)
[Note: Can soften cold cream cheese for 15 seconds in microwave to soften.]
· 1 teaspoon lemon juice
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· Salt to taste (I use between 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon)
1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream and mix with spoon until fully combined. Only add the cream cheese to the sour cream after it has cooled off from being softened.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the cream cheese mixture and mix by hand until well combined.
If you like your dip softer, you may add some of the left over clam juice one teaspoon at a time, stir and see if you need more. Though I usually don't need to take this step.
If you are using the same bowl, in which you made the clam, as your serving bowl, you may want to clean up the inside edge of the bowl by taking a damp paper towel and wipe evenly along the inside of the bowl, to make a clean dip to bowl line surface.
3. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recommend serving with thicker potato chips such as Hawaiian, Ruffles or even crackers. My husband likes Dorito chips with it, but there's no explaining that.
The Crooked Ladle
Savor the taste...