The Crooked Ladle
CHOCOLATE MARTINI, Smooth as the Glass Bottom
CHOCOLATE MARTINI - A double decadent chocolate moment
How delightful it is to imbibe both chocolate and a lovely alcohol blend all at the same time.
While this cocktail can be enjoyed on any day, I fancy it especially during the winter holidays.
If I have it on hand, sometimes, I drizzle chocolate syrup all around the inside of the glass before pouring the mixture into it and sometimes, I place a miniature candy cane on the rim of the glass. Have fun with your presentation and this special adult treat.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
· Shaker or Martini picture
. 2 Saucers
. Paper napkin or paper towel
. Two martini glasses
· 3 ounces chocolate liquor, any
. 3 ounces Crème de Cacao
. 1 ounce Whipped Cream Vodka or Plain Vodka
. 5 ounce Half and Half
. 5 or 6 ice cubes
Optional: Any color of decorative sugar crystals
Preparing the martini glasses -
1. If you are choosing to sugar coat your glasses, prepare the glass blotter for the sugar coating by first placing the paper napkin or paper towel onto the saucer. Then, add one tablespoon of water onto the paper napkin/towel until it is well wet. Add more if needed.
2. Pour about one tablespoon of the sugar crystal or slightly more, as needed, to a separate saucer.
3. Take a martini glass and wet the entire rim by placing the glass upside down onto the wet paper napkin/towel and press down lightly to ensure the entire rim is well wet.
4. Take the wet glass rim and press the rim lightly around the colored sugar crystals which should form a light amount of sugar all around the glass rim.
The Cocktail -
1. Add 5 or 6 ice cubes to the shaker.
2. Measure and pour all of the liquid ingredients into the shaker with the ice.
3. Place the lid on the shaker and shake it until it becomes very cold and condensation forms on the outside of the shaker. Or if using a martini pitcher, pour all of the liquid ingredients into the pitcher and stir until the ingredients are very cold.
4. Pour the mixture into the glasses and cheers!
The Crooked Ladle
Savor the taste...