The Crooked Ladle
BARBECUE PORK TENDERLOIN, A little Bit Asian and a Little Bit American Barbecue
HONEY SAUCE BARBECUE PORK TENDERLOIN - A little bit Asian fusion
Honey Sauce Barbecue Pork Tenderloin
Serves: 4 to 6
Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 - 7 Minutes
· 2 Quart pot
· Small to medium casserole pan/dish
· Small bowl
· Serving platter
· Cutting board
· Large stir spoon
· Sharp knife
· Measuring cups
· Measuring spoons
· 1 pound pork tenderloin
· 2 tablespoons sliced green onions (about 2 onions)
· 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· ½ teaspoon coarse ground pepper
· ½ teaspoon garlic powder
· ½ cup honey
· ¼ cup soy sauce or for gluten-free use Tamari sauce
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
· 1 tablespoon minced onion (either fresh or dried flakes)
· 2 teaspoons minced garlic
· ½ teaspoon sesame seed oil
· ¼ cup water (to mix with corn starch)
· ¼ cup water (to add to already thickened sauce after first ¼ was used for barbecue sauce - see below)
· 2 tablespoons corn starch
1. Combine salt, pepper and garlic powder in a very small bowl.
2. Rub the spice mixture over the pork tenderloin.
3. Place the tenderloin in a pan, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. It's okay to leave it in the refrigerator for several hours.
1. In the small bowl, stir the water and cornstarch together until the cornstarch is dissolved.
2. Place the honey, soy sauce, olive oil, hoisin sauce, onion, garlic and sesame seed oil in a medium sauce pan. Stir together while bringing the mixture to a low boil over medium heat while slowly stirring.
3. Slowly whisk the cornstarch mixture into the hot sauce referred to above.
4. Continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens.
5. Put ¼ cup of the thickened sauce in a small bowl to bring to the grill for later use.
1. Remove the pork from the refrigerator and slice into ½ inch thick slices. Place the pork medallions flat onto a pan/dish and brush the honey sauce onto one side of each piece using about ¼ cup of the sauce.
2. Prepare the grill as you normally would (or brush the grates with vegetable oil) and place medallions on a hot grill with the sauce side down. Cook about 3 minutes, turn and brush another ¼ cup of the sauce on the top side. Cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
3. The pork is cooked once it has reached an internal temperature of about 145 degrees.
4. Arrange the medallions neatly on a platter spreading additional sauce over the meat, sprinkle with the sesame seeds followed by the green onions.
Recommendation: Serve with a rice dish.
The Crooked Ladle
Savor the taste...